A. Position Location/Pertinent Information
50 James Buchanan Drive
Employment/FLSA Status: Full time, permanent, exempt
B. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the General Ledger (“G/L”). Post journal entries as required/needed and ensure that all transactions are posted on a timely basis, including general, recurring, and adjusting journal entries as well as sub ledger transactions and posting related to accounts payable, billing and accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Maintain and consistently enhance the monthly closing schedule (including reconciliation and scheduling of Balance Sheet accounts as well as revenue and significant expense accounts
- Assist the accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial statements for the Board of Directors.
- Prepare monthly financial statement package for review by Controller prior to submission to the Executive Director and CFO before elevating to the Board. Such F/S should include month-to-month comparisons as well as actual to budget variance analysis.
- Serve as a back-up to the A/P and A/R databases/systems.
- Provide comprehensive analysis of A/P and A/R databases/systems and identifying and improving inefficiencies.
- Assist in the development of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Provide requested audit schedules and other information as required by external auditors in connection with the annual financial audit, including relevant account reconciliations that should be performed on a monthly basis.
- Work with health staff to ensure the accurate and timely preparation and analysis of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports including, but not limited to, program budgets and required progress reports.
- Share co-lead with the Executive Director, CFO, Controller and program Directors in the development of the organization’s comprehensive annual budget, including organizational-wide numbers as well as on a program-by-program basis.
- Complete other duties as required by the Controller, Executive Director, CFO and external auditors