A. Position Location / Pertinent Information
The rental assistance program position is a supervised, full-time, exempt position that provides rental assistance payments to eligible households in need of security deposits and/or first month’s rent. Payments are also provided to eligible households to prevent eviction. The purpose of the program is to allow households to obtain and maintain permanent housing.
B. Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide phone or face to face preliminary screening to determine eligibility for assistance with security deposit or rental arrearage.
- Keep daily log of phone calls
- Document all contact on or behalf of applicants.
- Determine eligibility for assistance for ESG or DPW funding by collecting complete and accurate information.
- Document and copy all relevant and required paperwork used in determining eligibility.
- Complete all paperwork necessary to process approved applications. This includes: application, supporting documentation, CCCIMS release, DPW eligibility, declaration of homelessness, monthly expense worksheet, landlord information, referral and contact sheet, ESG or DPW eligibility form, landlord verification, eviction verification. Take necessary steps in determining accuracy of information when applicable.
- Complete paperwork when an application is denied. This includes sending letter to applicant outlining the denial, the reason for the denial, and the appeal process.
- Complete necessary paperwork when an application is approved: approval letter to applicant, approval letter to landlord, invoice to executive director,
- Document all approved applications in CCCIMS
- Document approved applications in the housing report
- Complete necessary documentation for CPQR
- Document check number and date of payment in chart upon completion by fiscal department
- Maintain charts
- Assist with the completion of all required reports
- Attend meetings as scheduled
- Attend outreach/community events, as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- See attached organizational chart