Outpatient clinic nurse is responsible for the general health and well-being of the clients with whom she supports. The nurse will provide health education and assessment and medication administration support to the person’s served at the appropriate work location.
B. At-Will Employment
Your employment is at will. This means that you or Human Services, Inc. may terminate your employment at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Nothing in this job description or in any oral or written statement shall limit the right to terminate employment at will. All employees will adhere to Recovery Principles as employees of Human Services, Inc. (See attached document). Staff will participate in annual Recovery training and will utilize Recovery tools in the provision of services such as Personal Medicine, Power Statements, Common Ground, community integration and natural supports.
- Provide health education to clients who visit the outpatient clinic.
- Update each client’s demographic, medication, diagnoses and any other pertinent Information in the person’s Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Assure psychiatrists have accurate information regarding clients who need updated Prescriptions.
- Conduct health assessments with individuals visiting the outpatient clinics that Include but are not limited to taking vital signs, asking standard health related questions, observing the person for signs and symptoms of physical and mental health needs.
- Provide medication administration support to those clients in need of an injectable Medication.
- Communicate with other treatment team members included but not limited to family, Other physicians, Case Management staff etc.
- Notify Case Management staff regarding any client who misses an appointment.
- Coordinates purchase and disposal and purchase of sharps containers.
- Receives and reviews lab reports and communicates abnormal results to the client’s Psychiatrist and/or other team members.
- Review medication supply of each psychiatrist on a monthly basis.
- Complete prior authorizations for outpatient clinic.
- Review lab results as needed.
- Performs other duties as required by the Director of Clinical Services.