Position Location/Pertinent Information
Position: Director of Development and Charitable Giving
Department: Development and Marketing
Location: Chester County
Description of Position: The Director of Development and Charitable Giving reports directly to the President and CEO and works collaboratively with the Board of Directors. The Director is responsible for
developing and implementing a comprehensive and successful advancement plan to further the organization’s Mission and Vision. Key components of the advancement plan include goals, strategies and timetables for obtaining major gifts, matching gifts, grants, planned giving, future endowment campaigns. The plan should also include an additional focus on building key relationships with corporations, families and foundation leaders.
FLSA/Employment Status: Part-time/Exempt
- Develop and implement a short and long-term advancement plan to meet development goals and
objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, strategic initiatives for securing donations, major gifts,
corporate and foundation grants, endowment gifts, defining stewardship and prospecting tactics, enhancing special fundraising/cultivation events, and developing new approaches to supporting traditional advancement initiatives.
- Work collaboratively and creatively to appropriately position development/marketing opportunities, including special events and community engagement, and integrate messages in publications, grant submissions, reports, and collateral materials for cultivating and stewarding donors and engaging all stakeholders to further the Mission and Vision of the organization.
- Work collaboratively with key constituents including Board members, current and past families, community members through effective relationship building efforts.
- Manage gift processing and donor acknowledgement, the donor databases, and financial reporting, as well as any other accompanying information systems.
- Develop and provide oversight of pertinent marketing and public relations materials, including, but not limited to HSI’s website, brochures and social media communications.
- Attend HSI events and activities and foster significant price and excitement for fundraising and marketing efforts.
- Demonstrates servant leadership, a deep appreciation and understanding of HSI’s mission and the ability to articulate its values and vision internally and externally and exemplifies a collaborative, decisive, motivating and engaging communication style.
- Proven track record of fundraising success, particularly by securing major gifts, successfully managing campaigns and/or special events, and engaging a community of motivated supporters.
- Minimum of 5 years of increasing responsibility in non-profit fundraising and at least 1-year experience with marketing or communication related activities.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in a complex environment.
- Working knowledge of development best practices, trends in development, fundraising tools and
technology, including donor databases, e-mail and online campaigns and donor research.
- Extreme tact and discretion, attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration or related field.